| Shipping FAQ:|
Q: Where do items ship from?
A: The vast majority of Education Works items ship directly from the manufacturers who produce them. For instance, if you order an item from Jonti-Craft, it will ship from Minnesota where it is made, rather than Connecticut, where the Education Works offices are. If you order a smaller item, such as a book or a Melissa & Doug toy, it may ship from one of our retail stores in Waterford, Connecticut. If an item ships from our store in CT, you will be notified by email and will be immediately provided with a tracking number.
Q: How is shipping cost calculated?
A: Shipping costs are calculated on a per-item, per-order basis. Shipping costs are determined by the weight and dimensions of an item, and the distance the item is traveling. Most items can be shipped with UPS or FedEx, but large items need to be shipped via freight truck. Freight truck deliveries tend to be more expensive than standard ground shipping, and we will do our best to notify you if your item is shipping via truck. The freight carrier used is at the shipper's discretion, but please note that Education Works gets at least three freight quotes per truck order, and we always use the least expensive option for our customers.
Q: Your website said shipping would be $----, but then I got a phone call/email telling me that the shipping is actually more expensive. Why is that?
A: The shipping calculator used with our Yahoo store is limited in its ability to accurately quote freight costs for large items that need to be shipped via truck. We have done our best to make sure that the shipping calculator works properly the first time, every time, but sometimes it does not. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
Q: What if I don't agree to the higher charges?
A: Customers who encounter problems with our freight calculator are never charged for their order until the higher shipping cost is approved by phone or email. If you do not agree to the extra shipping charges, we will immediately cancel the order and you will never have to worry about being refunded.
Q: What if I demand to have the order sent to me at the original shipping cost?
A: Education Works has a disclaimer (see above) that lets all our customers know that these problems may happen, and we reserve the right to cancel orders that cannot be fulfilled when the customer does not agree to a higher shipping cost. Keep in mind that if the actual shipping cost is higher than what you are quoted online, you are not automatically charged for your order and we will never charge a higher price without your approval.
Q: You match prices on items, but not on shipping costs. Why is that?
A: We are happy to match the cost of an item with any other online retailer, but we can never match shipping costs. This is mostly due to the fact that we are a very small company and do not have any freight deals with our distributors. We will do our best to make sure that you always have the lowest shipping cost possible.
Shipping Disclaimer! Please Read!
Shipping in the Yahoo! Store has been limited in its ability to exactly measure shipping costs for large orders and we expect our customers to pay the cost of shipping regardless of whether the actual cost is the same as what you were quoted online during order placement. If a shipping cost is higher than what you are quoted online, you will be notified by phone and/or email about the higher charge and we will ask you for confirmation before placing your order.
Orders are not automatically charged when you place them online, and WE WILL NEVER CHARGE YOU A HIGHER PRICE WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL.
Education Works reserves the right to cancel any order at any time if the shipping cost is not approved by the customer.
We invite all of our customers to call or email us with a request for a shipping cost before placing your order. We can be reached toll free at 800-211-9443 extension 1, directly to a customer service representative at 860-910-0705, or by email at email@example.com. The freight that is quoted by an Education Works associate is the price that will be charged on the order, not what is quoted online.
Education Works is not currently shipping to any country other than the United States. Shipping costs to Alaska and Hawaii may be much higher than what our shipping calculator quotes you online and if you are from one of these states, you will be contacted for approval of higher shipping costs, if any.
Returns - Disclaimer! Please Read!
All shipping costs incurred are the responsibility of the customer and will not be refunded with any return, under any circumstance. Furthermore, return shipping is the responsibility of the customer in all instances except when the item arrives damaged. Please continue reading for the full return policy.
* No returns will be accepted without prior approval from an Education Works associate. Returns that we receive without approval will be returned to the sender at the customer's expense. Please do not attempt to return anything without first calling 800-211-9443 x1, or emailing us for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org
* All items carry a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with an item, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund on the cost of the item. As stated above, shipping charges (to the customer) will not be refunded under any circumstances, and it is the customer's responsibility to pay for return shipping.
* After 30 days, customers are eligible for a refund of the cost of the item, minus any restocking fee imposed by the manufacturer, which is usually 20 to 30% of the cost of the item. Shipping costs will not be refunded, and return shipping costs are always the responsibility of the customer. Please call 800-211-9443 x1, or email email@example.com for details. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETURN AN ITEM TO A MANUFACTURER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!
* If an item arrives to your home or business with visible damage, you have the right to refuse the delivery and have the item sent directly back to the manufacturer it came from. You have the right to make any UPS, FedEx, or freight driver wait while you open your packages and inspect for damage, and you can refuse delivery whether damage is visible to the outside of the container or not.
* IMPORTANT: Customers who decide to refuse delivery on items that they order for reasons other than damaged goods will be responsible for to/from shipping charges as well as a 20% restocking fee. We would be glad to help you with your shipment issues if you call us at (800)211-9443, x 1.
PLEASE CALL US AT 800-211-9443, x 1, OR EMAIL US AT EDWORKSCT@YAHOO.COM BEFORE MAKING A RETURN. WE WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ACCEPT RETURNS WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION